Who We Are?
Dempo Higher Secondary School of Science, Miramar is a premier educational institution offering an integrated course to prepare students for Competitive Entrance Examinations and Goa Board HSSC Examination under one roof.
The School is run by the Dempo Higher Secondary School of Science Trust under the dynamic leadership of our Chairman Shri Shrinivas V. Dempo and embodies his vision to provide an opportunity for Goan students to compete in entrance exams at the National level and qualify for admissions to prestigious Medical and Engineering Colleges in India and abroad. Established in 2012, Dempo Higher Secondary School of Science is an unaided, self-financed School. It is recognized by the Directorate of Education, Government of Goa, Alto-Porvorim, and the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Alto-Betim for the purpose of qualifying the HSSC Examination.
What do We do?
The School partners with PACE IIT & Medical to provide coaching and training for competitive exams like IIT-JEE (Mains & Advanced), NEET, KVPY, BITSAT, VITEEE, and National and International Olympiads. The School has trained faculty who are alumni of IITs and BITS to handle the core coaching component of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. The HSSC theory component is taught by qualified Grade I teachers and assisted by the Lab staff for Practicals.
Why Study at Dempo H.S.S.?
- Complete synchronization between Board Exam and Competitive Exams preparation.
- Practicals are in sync with classroom teaching.
- Efficient schedules that save time for self-study.
- Spacious, air-conditioned classrooms and well-equipped laboratories.
- Well-stocked library
- Audio-Visual aids for Technology-aided Learning.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities as well as an on-campus canteen.
EXPERIENCED AND QUALIFIED FACULTY
- Qualified Grade I teachers for Board Exam preparation and are available for individual doubt-solving sessions.
- Team of highly qualified and competent faculty comprising of IIT and BITS alumni for competitive exams preparation and are available for individual doubt-solving sessions.
- Experienced sports teacher. Optimal Student: Teacher ratio.
Mrs. Shailaja S. Sardessai
Principal & Teacher Grade I in Computer Science & ICT
B.E. (Elec.), PGDST, M.A.(Edu).
Mr. Binit Kumar
Consultant Teacher in Mathematics
B.Tech. (IIT Kanpur)
Mr. Pradeep Beniwal
Consultant Teacher in Physics
B.Tech. in Industrial Engg. (IIT Kharagpur)
Mr. Praveen Chauhan
Consultant Teacher in Chemistry
B.Tech. in Bio-Informatics & DCE (DTU, Delhi)
Mr. Ram Kishor Jha
Consultant Teacher in Biology
Mr. Vishal Lawande
Teacher Grade I in Chemistry
Ms. Janice C. Pinto
Teacher Grade I in Psychology
Masters in Counseling Psychology, B. Ed
Ms. Anjalidevi A. Yadav
Teacher Grade I in Biology
M.Sc. in Botany
Mrs. Shruti Sarmokadam
Teacher Grade I in Sanskrit
B.Sc. in Physics, D.Pharm., B.A. in Sanskrit, Visharad in Music
Mr. Chetan P. Kavlekar
Teacher in Physical Education (Hon.)
M.A. in Philosophy, M.P.Ed., M.Phil. (Basketball Methodology)
Ms. Ashmi Chari
Teacher Grade I in Hindi
M.A. in Hindi
Ms. Ivanka Mascarenhas
Teacher Grade I in French
Ms. Jagruti alias Indrayanee Patkar
Teacher Grade I in English
M.A. in English